Saturday, July 23, 2011

pinteresting?

So lately [the last few days] I've found myself becoming attached to a new [new to me] networking site. I hesitate to call it a social networking site because it isn't quite Facebook or MySpace -esque. It's called Pinterest. Heard of it? The site is about mingling, integration and interesting things.

How it works:
You have varying "boards"; I have boards about food, travel, quotes and crafts. You can "pin" things to these boards that fit the categories. You can also follow people and people follow you -- some are suggested based on common interests and others are people you know. If I see something I like or think is interesting I can pin it to one of my boards and the people who are following me see it. You can also repin, like or comment on others' pins. There are also quite a few other features you can play around with but what it comes down to is you get to pin your interests. Thus the name, get it?

I recommend checking it out. It's pretty rad. If you like Etsy, you'll probably like this. In fact, I like this better than Etsy. But what do I know.
Click HERE to see a few things I find interesting! Happy pinning!


In more recent news, my best friend [BKP] gets home [from the GKLM] in less than 4 weeks. I might be excited. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered what "pininterest" was but never knew. Thanks for the clarifications. I might just check it out!

    I'm excited to see him again too. But not for the same reasons! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cait i didn't know you had a blog! i'm adding you to my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete